It is not easy to mature in life unless you reach maturity. Many people reach maturity for different reasons, and they have different triggers. It is very important that as we go about life, we should be conscious of the things that make us wiser. As I celebrate my birthday this July, one of the things that I feel strongly about, is how I can remove negative thoughts. It is no secret that you become what you consume.
- I have to avoid Somethings
- I have to avoid Pessimist friends
- I have to avoid News
- I have to avoid Arguing on forums/twitter
- I have to avoid Dumb videos
- I have to avoid Consuming
- I have to avoid TV
- I have to avoid Dumb sales mail
- I have to avoid Trends
- I have to avoid Playing game for entertainment
- I have to avoid Facebook. What????????????
- I have to avoid Anything negative
- I have to avoid Lying to me.
Because we are what we consume, I will:
- Be weird. Depending on what that means.
- Be Creating. Yes, creating for consumers.
- Be Watching science/technology videos. If for nothing, to motivate my children.
- Read Books. Write? Well I am not sure because I do that already. But focus more on Africa
- Be Positive friends. Where do you find them? Let me know if you are one.
- Add value. To who? Me, you? Them?
- Bring joy. To who? Me, you? Them?
- Tell stories. To who? Me, you? Them?
- Be involved. With who? What? Where? When? How?
- Be funny. I am laughing already because I really want to be funnier than I currently am.
What is, was, will be your birthday gift to yourself and the world this year and beyond?
By Victorine Mbong Shu.
Victorine is in education and training since 2002. She is the CEO of Profounder Intelligence Management Services, Publisher, Editor, Researcher, Transformational Speaker, Mentor, Material Developer, Facilitator, Assessor, Moderator and TV Talk Show Host at Children Television South Africa (CTVSA). She is the owner of Profound Conference Centre in Bramley-JHB. She and Dr. Fru are raising 4 bubbly children, including Africa’s youngest multiple award-winning author of chapter books, Stacey Fru. Victorine is a respectable Involved Parenting Conversationalist with a Master’s Degree in Communications. She is a BrandSA Ambassador and Awards Winning Author of the following books:
- ‘Stop Complaining! and Bring Back Involved Parenting,’
- ‘Trapped in our shadows,’
- ‘Proven habits for financial freedom,’
- ‘Not too late: Bring Back Involved Parenting.’